North Conway, NH
Find Us on Facebook!
Event Information & Updates
Visit our Gift Shop!
Proceeds benefit literacy!
Volunteer for the Journey to the North Pole™ Event!
The following is a brief description of the different volunteer positions available to guide you in deciding what job is right for you. Although we are prepared for you to join us either for the afternoon or evening performance, it would be great if you stayed for both performances on the evenings that you choose to volunteer. *THERE WILL BE FOOD BETWEEN SHOWS FOR THOSE VOLUNTEERING FOR BOTH PERFORMANCES.
• Greeter: (3-5 per performance)
Shift Times: 3:30pm - 4:30pm & 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Be the first to set the tone for a truly magical evening as you welcome all of our excited guests upon their arrival at the train station. Hand out programs, take tickets, and help our guests aboard the train. And don’t forget to wave goodbye as they travel to the North Pole!
• Elf (Maximum: 60 per performance)
Shift Times: 4:00pm - 6:30pm & 6:30pm - 8:40pm
What’s your elf name? Join us for some of the most fun you’ll have all holiday season. Become an elf and greet guests as they arrive at the North Pole. Guide them up the path with the glow of your lantern and lead them inside the theater to enjoy the show! After each performance assist in guiding them safely down to the train.
• On-Train Chef: (15 per performance)
Shift Times: 3:45pm - 6:30pm & 6:15pm - 9:00pm
Become one of the stars of the show as you ride aboard the Journey to the North Pole! We provide the chef costumes, you provide the fun by serving hot cocoa, passing out candy, singing carols, and keeping the magic alive during a very special Journey to the North Pole. Some light cleaning required between performances.
• Secret Kitchen Chef: (2 per performance)
Shift Times: 2:30pm - 3:45pm & 5:00pm - 6:15pm
Meet your team in our “secret kitchen” where you will use our magic formula to create hot cocoa “as thick, and rich as melted chocolate bars!” Assist with delivering the hot cocoa to the trains full of excited guests!
Volunteers play an important role in much of what we do and there are many volunteer opportunities in conjunction with our events and programs. Volunteers are needed throughout the year for a variety of literacy and educational projects and programs.
Believe in Books Literacy Foundation looks for volunteers year 'round, but especially towards the holiday season. Being a part of the Journey to the North Pole™ Event is a very rewarding experience. The looks of joy on the faces of our guests, young and old alike, is guaranteed to keep you coming back... some of our volunteers have been with us since the beginning! Whether this is your first season, or you are a veteran, we’re glad to have you on our team and look forward to sharing this season with you.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, call 356-9980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign-Up to Volunteer!
Click below on which location you would like to volunteer in
as an Elf, Chef or Greeter:
Other Volunteer Opportunities!
Click below to volunteer for Scarf-Folding, Candy-Counting, Santa Gift Set Making & Bell-Tying!
There are many great benefits to volunteering for BIBLF,
here are just a few...
• Only our Volunteers are applicable for SCHOLARSHIPS to use for purchasing books and supplies to support their educational pursuits after High School!
• Only our volunteers are eligible to purchase Journey to the North Pole tickets, in advance of the general public, for specific dates.
• Volunteers are invited to participate in SPECIAL EVENTS and SOCIALS to celebrate the great work they do!
• Volunteers make great FRIENDS and meet other like-minded people with a passion for community service and a love of literacy!
• Earn special RECOGNITION as we celebrate your volunteer achievement both in house and at events!
• Have FUN taking part in the various stages of our great events & programs that wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t for YOU!